On-Demand Webinar: Bone Samples in Archaeology
Presenter: Maren Pauly, PhD (Scientific Associate for Beta Analytic & Isobar Science)
During this webinar, you will learn about:
- When to use radiocarbon dating versus uranium-thorium dating
- Which types of bones to select for dating
- Marine reservoir effects, diagenesis, and other common issues
- Isotopic studies: dietary analysis, migration analysis, and pollution exposure
- How to prepare and pack bone samples before sending them to a lab
About the Expert:
Maren Pauly, PhD (Scientific Associate for Beta Analytic & Isobar Science) – Dr. Pauly is a paleoclimatologist who completed her Master of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees at the University of Waterloo in Canada and her PhD at the Freie Universität Berlin. Her research experience includes reconstructing climate from modern corals and subfossil tree-rings as well as Late Glacial radiocarbon calibration.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive news of upcoming webinars by Beta and its subsidiaries as well as other industry updates.